International PR Manager
An excellent multi-tasker with the ability to work autonomously, the successful candidate will develop consumer PR and brand communications strategies, events and assets, as well as lead the international luxury PR plan for the Chivas Brothers portfolio.
The role is focused on Chivas Brothers’ flagship brand Chivas Regal and the world’s leading Scotch whisky Royal Salute.
Working within the decentralised structure of the Pernod Ricard Group, the role’s scope includes ‘direct’ media relations with international titles and influencers, as well as ‘indirect’ campaigns to be delivered via sister companies in up to 150 markets worldwide.
- Using strategic planning process, devise and implement strong Consumer Public Relations programmes and initiatives for specific Chivas Brothers brands to leverage competitiveness in market (to include social, online, traditional print and broadcast media audiences where relevant).
- Develop and manage the PR element of global sponsorship partnerships and properties.
- Manage the International luxury / consumer element of the global press office and build relationships with established and new media contacts.
- Oversee appointment and management of PR agencies for specific brand projects / annual plans.
- Develop and distribute PR materials for use by sister companies and marketing teams.
- Manage global evaluation of specific brand projects, launches and campaigns.
- Devise, oversee and implement strong international trade Public Relations programmes and initiatives for Chivas Brothers brands to leverage competitiveness in market.
- Represent Chivas Brothers and its brands at media and launch events.
- Support marketing teams with PR consultation.
- Work in conjunction with International PR Manager (Corporate) to manage corporate media relations / materials on specific brands.
- Manage PR events for specific brands from planning to evaluation.
- Develop and distribute PR materials for use by sister company marketing teams and assist with running a Helpdesk to field queries.
- Build relationships with sister companies by assisting with appropriate materials and actions and managing markets’ media requirements for specific events.
Skills & Experience:
- A seasoned professional with communications experience gained form within a PR Agency or in-house
- A degree level qualification in PR, Communications or related subject
- Proven experience of managing successful global brand PR programmes / campaigns
- Strong knowledge of PR strategy, and global consumer and luxury media
- Event management experience and specifically the ability to effectively plan and execute high-profile media events (launches etc)
- Exceptionally well organised with ability to work autonomously and prioritise busy workload
- Ability to influence and to interface effectively and professionally with other departments and company Directors (in particular Marketing including Heritage and Commercial teams)
- Excellent media relations (print, broadcast, digital), writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of and ability to interpret marketing strategy
- Ability to represent Chivas Brothers Ltd and Pernod Ricard externally and to media with authority
- Must have impeccable attention to detail and a highly creative mind set.
- Experience of working in a global press office
- Experience of drinks trade media relations
- Languages: French, Spanish.
- Must be willing to travel internationally
Must be skilled in standard computer programmes e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button
About Chivas Brothers Ltd
Chivas Brothers is the Scotch whisky and premium gin business of Pernod Ricard, the world’s co-leader in wines and spirits. It is the global leader in luxury Scotch whisky with 85% market share of Scotch whisky aged 21 years old and over.