This job has now expired
Main Purpose of Job: Manage and implement PR plans to meet clients’ needs. Act as a line manager to the team. Plan and ensure completion of performance and career reviews and action follow through.
- Create and develop documents for clients including facilitator documents, bio/fact sheets media materials and proposals. Contribute to strategic plans, proposals and issues documents to support client objectives
- Develop and manage media relationships, utilising these contacts to sell in to key media targets.
- Provide input and manage the implementation of new and existing campaigns, identify and plan PR events. Run and participate in creative brainstorms.
- Support Account Directors and take ownership in driving media campaigns to help surpass the client’s expectations.
- Think ahead, prepare for and anticipate issues and challenges to projects, highlighting critical consideration to the team leader.
- Review teams work and provide constructive feedback on the quality of the work. Take positive and timely action to address and re-align work to client objectives.
- Continuously develop an understanding of Ketchum, Ketchum’s clients and their sectors, the media and the competitive environment.
- Proactively strengthen the client relationship through day to day contact and added value activities. Participate in client meetings and updates on specific areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate a growing skill of client counsel and strategic input.
- Conduct post campaign evaluation, highlighting strengths and identify opportunities to develop future campaigns and projects.
- Identify areas of interest to client and proactively share information and suggestions
- Manage and take proactive steps to maximise client profitability through accurate budgeting and staff utilisation reporting.
- Provide team with accurate forecasts for budget estimates and project work, bring to attention any under/over servicing, staffing issues.
- Submit all timesheets in a punctual and accurate manner.
- Explore opportunities to work on additional projects for existing clients and negotiate budgets for project work.
- Negotiate with journalists, specialists and key opinion leaders on behalf of the client.
- Manage and take proactive steps to update client budgets for campaigns and events.
- Develop line management skills - conducting performance reviews, objective setting and career and development planning as well as regular one to ones with all direct reports.
- Regularly engage in dialogue with colleagues to ensure an accurate view and understanding of their workload, priorities, deadlines and overall well being
- Maintain regular communication with junior team members ensuring the team operates in most effective and efficient way to meet client needs. Provide advice and constructive feedback on teams work.
- Act as a coach and mentor to junior colleagues, creating a collaborative environment that encourages productive team relationships.
- Conduct interviews for prospective candidates; use the recruitment process to enhance the reputation of Ketchum.
- Provide support and input for proposal and pitch documents.
- Actively participate in new business pitch teams through all stages of the Ketchum Planning Process.
- Proactively identify and grow opportunities for organic growth and new business with existing clients
- Prepare and delivery monthly budget reports and status reports
- Provide support and guidance to juniors on the completion of all administration on the account.
- Demonstrates and maintains up-to-date knowledge and capability in all main software packages including Microsoft Office.
- Manage teams and business in compliance with all legal, financial, HR and other company policies and procedures.