This job has now expired
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is recognised as the leading professional body for the education, training and accreditation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. We represent training organisations and over 7,500 individual therapists - working privately or in the NHS or voluntary sector - offering a wide variety of psychotherapeutic approaches or modalities. As part of our commitment to protecting the public, we work to improve access to psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against our members.
Head of Innovation and Communications
- UKCP Band 48-52 Starting salary circa £43,800, 35 hours per week.
- Flexible and part time working considered at pro rata salary with a minimum of 21 hours per week.
- Chief Executive
- Communications Manager
- Events & Sponsorship Manager
- Service & Membership Development Manager
- Public Affairs Manager
- Research Fellow
To future proof UKCP by providing an overarching strategy for UKCP’s Membership Engagement and Communications plans. To include guaranteeing high quality standards, excellent membership services, increased membership numbers, developing a digital marketing strategy and activities, successful and well attended conferences and events and professional, relevant and appealing communications.
To lead and manage all membership engagement and communications functions, developing professional and high quality teams which would include volunteers as well as staff.
To ensure UKCP develops its policy and external affairs, and diversity, equalities and social responsibility work and influence including development of appropriate strategies and campaigning work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The focus in the first year will be:
- To be responsible with the Chief Executive for UKCP’s membership and communication strategy. To re-imagine UKCP within the future of digital communications and contribute to shaping how UKCP is presented at conferences, in print and all other media formats.
- To be responsible for developing UKCP’s membership planning and services including increased membership numbers, delivering enhanced membership services including online and new media.
To be included in the first year and ongoing:
- Direct and manage the performance of functions relating to membership engagement and services, public affairs, communications, events, sponsorship and research to ensure that they are delivered in line with the strategic objectives.
- To build and lead an effective and cohesive team of managers who recognise the need to work together to ensure that the wider implications of their work and the connections to other areas of the business are taken into account.
- To develop and support all direct reports, ensuring that their performance is managed in line with UKCP’s performance, appraisal and management system.
· Brand building, designing and delivering new services/projects/initiatives.
- Continue development of strategy to move members to a position of online surveys, information updates, and search function preferences.
- Researching members wants and needs.
- Work with the Services Development Committee to identify and agree ways to improve membership services, benefits and membership pack.
- To work with the department managers to develop and deliver project-specific marketing and communication strategies and campaigns with clear operational targets and timescales, and to provide regular reports to the Chef Executive.
- To attend external meetings to represent UKCP with all external parties such as partners, policy makers and the media and to deputise for the Chief Executive as required.
This is not an exhaustive list and you are required to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties which may change from time to time to reflect changes in the company’s approach to a culture of continuous improvement.
Essential Experience (to be addressed in supporting statement)
- At least three years senior experience in a relevant role.
- Experience of working with digital marketing and delivery.
- Experience of new media and internet engagement tools.
- Understanding of the priorities, techniques and challenges of a membership organisation.
- At least three years experience of setting, monitoring and controlling budgets.
- Experience of managing projects to develop new services.
- Understanding the process of change in a small organisation.
- Experience of managing managers.
- Experience of creating, implementing, managing and monitoring quality in a small organisation.
- Strategy setting experience
- Ideally be a chartered member of a professional marketing body
- Good knowledge of marketing theory and its application to the development of successful membership recruitment and retention
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to produce effective documents.
- Proven ability to manage a large and varied workload, prioritise effectively and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to manage the creativity and tension of working in an organisation with paid staff and volunteer professionals.
- Team player with proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a flexible manner and experience of working effectively as a member of a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven commitment to diversity and equalities and ability to put this into practice.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button