Press Officer - Communications Executive
We’re seeking a Communications Executive/press officer to assist the Manager in providing an effective PR service to this leading charity. This will include the day-to-day running of the press office, including drafting press releases, reactive and proactive media relations, PR planning and research. Along with this you will assist with drafting and proofing various online and offline communications materials, including the charity’s supporter magazine, and assist with the management of the charity’s social media channels.
· Assist the Manager in planning, implementing and monitoring a programme of PR support for the charity. This will include the day-to -day running of the press office and identifying PR opportunities.
· Responsible for proactively researching, planning, drafting and distributing press releases with the aim of generating media coverage to help raise the profile of the organization. This includes distribution of press materials to the appropriate media channels and proactively ‘selling-in’ to the media.
· Copywriting and research for web, magazines, case studies, speeches, articles. Reviewing the charity’s research projects and translating complex scientific information.
· Minimum of 12 months (ideally) in-house experience from any sector, however NFP advantageous
· Degree educated
· Good media skills and have the ability to speak with journalists
· Good writing skills
In return they will offer candidates a salary of £19-£23k+package, you will have the chance to work for a leading charity in an in-house capacity. They can offer a great career and excellent training, plus the chance to work for a great team. Based in Peterborough.
About PR Futures
PR Futures is a specialist recruitment consultancy dedicated to the on & offline Public Relations and Communications market. Our clients range from agency side to client side, from start ups to international organisations.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Research Senior Account Executive Charity / Voluntary organisation jobs in South East England
- Full Time Research Senior Account Executive Consumer jobs in South East England
- Full Time Research Senior Account Executive FMCG jobs in South East England
- Full Time Research Senior Account Executive Media and New Media jobs in South East England
- Full Time Research Senior Account Executive Environmental jobs in South East England