Head of External Communications
Nuffield Health are seeking a Head of External Communications.
We are the UK’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. We provide clinical, fitness and wellbeing services to the general public, private organisations and the NHS in more than 200 locations including hospitals, health and fitness clubs, health assessment centres and client workplaces.
Since 1957, Nuffield Health has been setting the standard in the health sector. We have a unique approach to improving health in the UK, putting the quality of care and satisfaction of individuals and companies at our heart and, in the process, improving the health of millions of people. We have created a pioneering new approach to health by integrating prevention, cure and general fitness and wellbeing to ensure our customers benefit from a complete healthcare service. Incorporating fitness and wellbeing centres into our portfolio of hospitals enables us to capitalise on 56 years of clinical expertise and improve proactive health provision in the UK.
Our External Communications Team is in place to promote this approach, enhance awareness of the organisation, protect our reputation and maximise positive sentiment towards the charity. The Head of External Communications leads this team to achieve these objectives and works alongside the Head of Internal Communications to ensure messages are lined up internally and externally. Together these two roles develop and lead a communications capability that reflects our strategic ambition to become the UK’s leading health and wellbeing brand and work through local, national and web media; consultants, patients, politicians, think tanks, stakeholders and regulators.
- Senior media and political counsel - To build effective working relationships with the senior leadership team to ensure the complex media and political environment in which we work is understood. To be able to advise and lead on campaign and reactive issues as and when they arise.
- External Stakeholder engagement - To be a visible, active stakeholder manager, building relationships with the huge range of stakeholders in the political, media and social arenas who have an interest in preventative health.
- Strategic Delivery – To ensure the delivery of communication campaigns and plans for the individual business units within the charity.
- Management & Leadership – To line manage four Communication Managers and support their line management responsibilities. To provide leadership, expertise and mentorship to ensure the team is able to effectively work both internally and externally
Required skills / Experience;
- Experienced communications and public affairs professional with proven track record of delivery of media and stakeholder campaigns.
- Experience of working with senior teams in a professional environment.
- Clear demonstration of successful delivery through personal influence and effective implementation of initiatives through positive communications.
- Track record of successful senior leadership and operational delivery through a period of change and the ability to persuade & create consensus.
- Polished presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker with ability to provide guidance / direction at all levels.
- Experience of line managing a team of differing functions.
- Experience in a healthcare organisation or charity would be beneficial.
Our Head Office in New Malden is based within a few minutes walk of the train station (20 minutes from Waterloo) with easy access to shops and buses and has a free to use in-house gym for employees.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button
More jobs like this
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Manager (In-House) Charity / Voluntary organisation jobs in London (South)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Manager (In-House) Consumer jobs in London (South)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Manager (In-House) Entertainment / Leisure jobs in London (South)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Manager (In-House) Healthcare jobs in London (South)