This job has now expired
Communications Executive – Retail – Edinburgh - £20-£25k
Dobbies Garden Centres is one of the UK’s leading gardens and homes retailers, and we need a creative, enthusiastic and passionate PR Communications Executive to help us meet our ambitious growth plans. We aim to be a 100-store; £1bn business and the Communications team will play an integral role in helping build our brand.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, and overseeing the Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator, you will have a number of priorities across the core functions in the communications team:
Support in the effective management of the press office function:
- Organise and assist the regional and national press strategy: including photocalls, storylines, editorial, product placement & reader offers
- Draft and issue press material to support local and national events and community initiatives
- Respond to reactive press enquiries – including corporate and crisis management
- Utilise social media channels to build media contacts and communicate messaging to journalists
The role also involves co-ordinating the Dobbies Community Plan and devising and implementing a yearly national event programme across Dobbies centres.
We are looking for an outstanding person, bubbling with enthusiasm for communications to fill a pivotal role in a lively and exciting retail environment.
Key Skills & Experience Competencies:
- You must be an outstanding communicator who is able to influence on a number of different levels and build relationships cross-functionally and externally
- You will have skills in dealing with reactive and proactive media relations
- Creative and full of ideas; but with excellent organisational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- A hands-on team player who is able to stand up to pressure – you will be collaborative and flexible
- A background of working in a communications environment – (either a press office or preferably a PR agency) – and you will be practised and able to demonstrate excellent media relations skills.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button