Senior Communications Officer- In house - Part time 3 days per week - London - £45,000 pro rata
Senior Communications Officer- In house - Part time 3 days per week - London - Long term 12 month contract - £45,000 pro rata
My client is the public face of the UK payments industry, representing some of the biggest brands in financial services. As part of the communications division, the team manages a busy press office, including delivering a number of proactive media campaigns and managing a range of diverse external relationships including parliamentarians and external stakeholders.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Communications Officer to manage communications, media relations and PR activities within the division. This position will suit someone looking for the flexibility of working 3 days per week. Reporting directly into the Head of Communications, the main duties include:
1. Provide support on day-to-day communications activities including external and internal relations
- Participate in all the day-to-day communications activities of the press office, including reactive and proactive media relations, media monitoring, stakeholder and internal comms.
- Assist the industry’s position on a range of payment related topics
- Responsible for managing PR campaigns.
- Develop briefing documents for external agencies to assist in delivering PR campaigns, ensuring budgets and KPIs are met.
- Answer media calls
- Arrange press briefings.
- Exploit newsworthy opportunities that will help promote public confidence in the payments industry.
- Help exploit social media opportunities
2. Act as an industry media spokesperson:
- Maintain an informed knowledge of financial services, including emerging payment systems developments.
- Undertake press, radio and TV interviews as required.
3. Issue press releases, publications, newsletters and websites
4. Maintain and develop relationships with internal and external contacts, stakeholders and communication service providers
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience of media relations either in house or agency
- Experience of corporate communications, press office and stakeholder issues
- Ideally experience within the financial services sector
- Good writing skills; a creative team player
In return for your talent and endeavour, my client offers a most competitive salary of £45,000 pro rata and the security of a long term 12 month contract.
Please forward your CV without delay and in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More jobs like this
- Part Time Financial PR Senior Press Officer Business / Industrial jobs in Oxford
- Part Time Financial PR Senior Press Officer Consumer jobs in Oxford
- Part Time Financial PR Senior Press Officer Financial Services jobs in Oxford
- Part Time Financial PR Senior Press Officer Government jobs in Oxford
- Part Time Financial PR Senior Press Officer Media and New Media jobs in Oxford