Head of Communications
About the Tony Blair Faith Foundation
In today’s world, religion remains at the core of life for billions of people, whilst at the same time, the world continues to become increasingly interconnected. But the majority of conflicts in the world have a religious or cultural dimension, and we have seen faith become hijacked by those who seek to use it for violent and subversive ends.
At the Tony Blair Faith Foundation we believe that understanding and respecting different faiths must be central to securing sustained and informed peace in the world. We advocate a positive alternative by giving voice to those who seek to resolve conflict and ensure peace in the present and for the future. We act, inform and educate about religion in the modern world through:
- Leadership: we seek to ensure that current and future leaders understand the role religion plays in the modern, globalising world.
- Literacy: we educate and support young people to help them become global citizens.
- Lives: we help religious communities in 140+ countries work together to save lives.
About the role
This is an exciting and challenging role at an important time for the Faith Foundation, when it is seeking to increase its public profile. The Head of Communications will be responsible for helping shape and executing the external communications strategy for the Foundation. This is a role that requires a hardworking self-starter with a collaborative and creative approach and the ability to work at a fast pace. The role requires excellent judgement and an understanding of the UK and international media. It also requires the ability to use proactive marketing, and public relations skills.
The Head of Communications will support the delivery of the strategic communications vision of TBFF, by enhancing the public profile of the organisation, ensuring meaningful and purposeful communications across all of our work. They will make sure that in its events and communications, TBFF is seen as a pioneering and innovative thought leader, and funder-friendly organisation.
The Head of Communications will have previous experience in a media, marketing or communications environment, will be confident in dealing with a variety of media outlets and experienced in generating stories and narrative. The nature of the Foundation’s international work across multiple time-zones, and different political and cultural systems will require flexibility. They will have some experience in line management, and will report to the Director of Strategy and Communications.
Key responsibilities will include:
Working closely with the Director of Strategy and Communications and other communications staff (including members of the Tony Blair Office team) to help design and execute a proactive communications and brand strategy for the Faith Foundation. This will focus on
- Developing the Foundation as thought leaders around our key themes and our innovative programme models;
- Proactively stimulating debate and analysis around the Foundation’s key themes through a variety of means;
- Showcasing the best of the Foundation’s impact and activities around the world;
- Ensuring opportunities for Foundation staff, including the CEO, to have a more visible profile.
- Taking responsibility for sourcing, creating and encouraging diverse and interesting content. Working closely with colleagues so that content is co-ordinated appropriately across all our platforms.
- Having an active interest and experience in social and digital media and be a skilled writer, as well as be able to develop relationships with journalists around the world.
- Researching, drafting and writing press releases, briefings, articles, newsletters and content for digital channels relating to the projects and the Foundation as a whole, and providing support on other communications work relating to the projects as required. Proactively sourcing and generating media stories; researching, writing and distributing timely media releases, scripts and briefings.
- Working confidently with senior colleagues and able to manage media around set-piece events, visits and public events. Arranging press conferences, news briefings and media interviews; acting as media spokesperson when appropriate.
Taking responsibility for line management of other members of the communications team
(where necessary), including taking regular supervision and other meetings with them.
Helping monitor media and devise responses across various outlets where necessary, and
work with the rest of the team Providing regular planning reports and·to maintain the communications grid. updates for the Director of Strategy and Communications.
We are looking for an experienced, creative and forward looking person who will approach the role
with imagination, energy and enthusiasm. The post-holder will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, as they will deal with
people from many different religions, cultures and countries. They will have an understanding and respect of the sensitivities encountered when dealing with a diverse group of people. The postholder will work as part of a team and will also be required to work independently to achieve their personal targets.
The successful candidate will be part of a small but successful team, and should therefore demonstrate the willingness and capacity to multi task and manage own administrative needs, as well as possessing a strong sense of initiative and excellent team-working skills. This is a highly demanding post in an organisation which expects the candidate to deliver high levels
of professionalism and personal commitment to the role.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button
More jobs like this
- Full Time Digital & Online Senior Press Officer Business / Industrial jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Digital & Online Senior Press Officer Charity / Voluntary organisation jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Digital & Online Senior Press Officer Education jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Digital & Online Senior Press Officer Government jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Digital & Online Senior Press Officer Media and New Media jobs in London (Central)