This job has now expired
Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit provider of housing and care for older people, employing almost 9,000 capable, caring and committed colleagues. Our insight and reputation is built on more than 40 years’ experience. During this time Anchor has grown to provide housing and care services to almost 40,000 people at 1,000 locations across England.
Are you an energetic self-starter who is brimming with ideas? Do you have a 'can do' attitude? Are you looking for a varied and interesting career within a leading organisation? If so, we may have the right role for you, offering personal development and opportunities to progress.
Reporting into the Head of Communications and Public Affairs, responsibilities will include:-
- Developing and implementing plans to generate positive PR to drive sales and new developments, working independently and with a leading agency
- Develop close working relationships with colleagues in sales, marketing, operations and other functions to maximize the impact of your role
- Manage correspondence with MPs, responding to enquiries and supporting public affairs priorities
- Budget management
Required knowledge & experience:-
- CIPR diploma or similar
- Consumer-facing communications in the commercial property, retail or leisure sectors, gained in an agency or in-house
- Issues and crisis management
- Understanding of the UK Government, including national and local, with a focus on planning, housing and/or social care
- Strong news sense
- Excellent written English and proof reading skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Generous benefits include, contributory pension scheme, optional 25% discounted private health cover, Life Assurance, discounted retail and child care vouchers and the ability to buy and sell annual leave entitlement
Contracted hours – 37.5 hours a week
For a full brief or to apply for this role, please click the “Apply” button below.