Account Director -Maternity Cover
Experience and knowledge of luxury lifestyle brands especially in the design and interiors sectors is essential. The person appointed will be responsible for maintaining professional excellence in all communications activity that supports the delivery of our clients' strategies and will provide leadership, clear direction and management for a team of ten. We are seeking a highly motivated and committed individual with a can-do attitude, who thrives on the demands of a busy press office and who approaches each day with enthusiasm, high energy and a determination to deliver top class work.
The role will involve managing PR/marketing activity for several well known arts, luxury and design brands.
During this maternity cover period, responsibilities will include:
Ensuring that the agreed PR strategies are being implemented effectively and coverage/outreach delivered
Planning and overseeing events and ensuring they are delivered to time, on budget.
Managing day to day activities of the PR team
Liaising with consumer, lifestyle and trade media
Identifying and facilitating partnerships and wider marketing opportunities
Evolving client strategies and assisting in new business development
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5 + years PR experience -at least 2 years at senior level in an agency environment.
- An Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and well presented. Brings strongly established relationships with consumer lifestyle, design and interiors media experienced in strategising and delivering Social Media programmes alongside more "traditional" PR programmes. Ability to think strategically.
- Confident management style with the ability to communicate effectively at all level
- Team leader with skills to both manage and motivate. Strong, senior and demonstrable client handling skills
- Combines a flexible approach, strong creative writing skills, an ability to think on feet and to prioritise
- Punctual and reliable, able to confidently multi-task and manage others to perform multiple duties to the required deadlines
About Murray Weir Willats
Murray Weir Willats is a communications and public relations agency for design, luxury interiors and lifestyle and our clients include some of the leading lights in these sectors.