Programme Director - Glasgow City of Science
Glasgow City of Science is an initiative which aims to raise the profile and reputation of Glasgow as a centre of world class science and scientific expertise. (more information is available at www.glasgowcityofscience.com)
Glasgow City of Science are seeking to recruit a Programme Director to promote the role of science, technology, engineering, medicine and social sciences in improving people’s lives and their communities and to increase the recognition of Glasgow as a City of Science at a local, national and international level.
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of the science sector in the West of Scotland with strong and proven experience in leading major initiatives and will have strong communications credentials.
Reporting to the CEO of the Glasgow Science Centre and acting on behalf of the Glasgow City of Science Programme Board, main duties include:
- To work with the Programme Board and Stakeholders to develop and implement a creative and innovative Communications Strategy to increase the profile of Glasgow's science base at a local, national and international level.
- To develop and establish new and existing partnerships, networks and alliances to encourage greater collaboration within Glasgow’s science base and maintain a database thereof.
- To develop and maintain a proactive, creative and innovative website and social media presence to promote Glasgow’s science base.
- To work with Stakeholders to promote science careers.
- To work closely with all managers and departments within Glasgow Science Centre and other partners to ensure maximum synergy is achieved in the promotion of all science based activity.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level and/or with extensive experience in the events and campaigns industry.
- Proven track record in effective communications including marketing, public relations and corporate communications
- Project management experience
- Strong management experience with the ability to secure team commitment and engagement
Please refer to full job description.
To apply, please send CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th April at 12 noon.