This job has now expired
The Land Trust is leading the way in establishing new sustainable methodologies for the long term management of public open spaces and currently owns and manages over 50 sites across the UK totalling over 1845 hectares.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing charity with considerable appetite to deliver. The post–holder needs to be pro-active, high profile and challenging to help us deliver our growth strategy. We need a consummate marketing and communications professional with the ambition and appetite to deliver as part of a small focussed management team.
The post holder’s first role will be developing and then helping implement a new pro-active marketing, communications and public affairs strategy helping raise our profile and take us to the next level of delivery. The post holder will help the management team influence public policy around our sphere of operations and help us provide “thought leadership” on the value of open space to society.
You need to be strategic whilst having a grasp of day to day communications and marketing issues for the Trust. Above all you need to be passionate about the importance of well managed open space to communities.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing charity with a unique vision: to enable more communities, businesses and species to benefit from high quality, sustainably managed open spaces – forever.
PURPOSE OF POST
To head and manage the Marketing and Communications team driving marketing and communications activities in line with the Trust’s business plan and communications strategy, helping deliver the Trust’s charitable objectives through land acquisition and management.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications & Marketing
- Ensure the Trust’s brand and key messaging is coherent, relevant and carried impact across all communications, helping to deliver the Trust’s key objectives.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of both internal and external communications for the Trust.
- Establishing and maintaining a high profile and corporate image for the Trust through the effective implementation of a focussed communications, marketing and corporate affairs strategy.
- Protect and develop the Trust’s brand(s) via suitable PR activities and intellectual property management.
- Provide marketing support to Business Development team.
- Work with Business Development team to develop literature, publications, newsletters etc., to market Trust’s offer to relevant markets.
- Plan and manage internal communication and awareness of the Trust’s objectives, aims and activities.
- Manage and control marketing and communications expenditure within agreed budget.
- Provide support to Land Trust Fundraising Manager – currently up to 50% of one executive’s time is committed to supporting this activity.
- Maximise the potential of social media to raise the profile of the Trust and enable interaction and extend our reach.
- Work with Senior Management Team to develop a corporate/public affairs strategy raising the Trust’s profile with key audiences.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the changes political landscape the Trust works in.
- Act as spokesperson for the Trust when required at events, conferences and to media.
IT & Data
- Co-ordinate with Director of Finance the Trust’s IT and Data services.
- Ensure website, intranet are maintained, up to date and relevant.
- Ensure customer/client database maintained.
- Manage Direct reports.
- Performance Manage staff within team.
- Consistently review and monitor efficiency and effectiveness of team.
- Develop, coach and mentor team.
- Manage the Communications team (including IT/Data Manager, where appropriate), their priorities, workload and outputs.
- Develop strategies, plans and budgets to deliver the Trust’s strategic objectives with the management team.
- Work as a member of the Executive Management Team in the wider management of the Land Trust.
- Make executive decisions within the definition of roles and responsibilities and the Trust’s agreed governance and structure.
- Work with the Trust’s Board and appropriate sub-committees/groups to facilitate the delivery of the Trust’s business and charitable objectives.
- Strategic vision and oversight.
- Ability to build and manage relationships at senior level.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational communication skills.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in communications and marketing.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in people management.
- Understanding of the market in which the Trust operates.
- Commercially astute, a solution finder with a “can-do” attitude.
- Results driven, with a proven ability to nurture relationships.
- Strong influencing and judgement skills.
- Experience of exploiting social media.
c. £47,500 p.a
Please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 26 April 2013.