This job has now expired
A rare and exciting opportunity for senior PR practitioner to head up the communications remit for a leading retail group with over 230 stores nationwide. The role also includes devising and delivering the PR for the chairman of the group who is also one of the UK's most high profile businessmen. This is a hands on role, as you will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s PR, sponsorship, events and social media as well as organise all TV and speaking engagements for the Chairman. The role is primarily based in South West London, and will require occasional travel on a domestic and international basis.
- Proven track record as Head of PR / Comms or Director level in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in the retail or consumer sector is essential.
- Skilled in crisis and issues management at a senior level
- Ability to develop integrated PR activity to support commercial goals and targets
- Experience in devising and implementing social media campaigns
- Experience of managing the publicity for high profile individuals is highly desirable
- Fantastic media relations expertise experience spanning, consumer, broadcast, online, national, business, and trade media
- Strong event management skills
- Extensive external stakeholder management experience - internal and external
Personal attributes for success include:
- Strategic thinker who excels at generating innovative and original ideas and able to execute consistently.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- A motivated self-starter who is hands on and flexible in style and approach
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines within changing priorities and diary limitations
- Act as brand Ambassador for the Group and the Chairman
- An entrepreneurial approach and excellent commercial acumen
In return you can expect a competitive remuneration package and the chance to work with one of the most talented business leader’s in the UK today.