Regional Political Press Officer (North)
Principal roles and accountabilities:
- Providing political communications support across the region on behalf of the Conservative Party
- Developing strong working relationships with journalists across the region
- Developing and selling in stories to regional journalists
- Providing media relations support to Members of Parliament and Prospective Parliamentary candidates
- Assisting on Ministerial tours and visits
Capabilities and skills required:
- Experience in a similar press role and/or a background in journalism
- A degree at 2:1 or equivalent journalism qualification
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent political judgement
- Ability to work independently, often out of normal working hours
- Experience in wider political roles desirable, but not essential
- A commitment to the Conservative Party
You will also need to be flexible, as the working hours may at times be long and uncertain.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
About The Conservative Party
Conservative Members of the European Parliament form the largest British delegation in the European Parliament.