PR/Public Relations Senior Account Executive/Account Manager - Healthcare team
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide's Healthcare Practice is going through a period of expansion. Globally, we provide a breadth of communications services to our clients across industries including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biopharma, healthcare IT and consumer health products. We develop innovative programmes that reach and influence physicians, advocates, patients, regulators, policy makers, payors and the public at large.
We are currently looking for a PR Senior Account Executive or Account Manager to join our talented team! We work with an array of exciting healthcare clients from ethical to corporate healthcare PR!
Key responsibilities will include -
• Identify, build & grow relationships with media/influencers; begin to have exposure to key senior level influencers
• Identify, develop & pitch stories
• Drive strategic recommendations for outreach in integrated marketing or other campaign tactics to impact client/business narrative
• Continue to deepen knowledge of global influencers
Digital & Social Media Acumen
• Partner with the agency’s social/digital leads to drive news strategies
• Lead integrating fresh thinking for social media brainstorms & campaign development
• Oversee account activity & engagements with the agency’s social/digital divisions
• Responsible for consistency of voice/tone among the client’s different social media properties
• Manage the social editorial calendar (& integration with marketing calendar – newsletters, website updates, etc.)
• Anticipate client communication challenges & develop recommendations
• Consistently provide strategic & tactical counsel that maps to client’s business problem
• Serve as primary day-to-day contact with clients; proactively engage on issues
• Manage projects and news announcements with little guidance
• Report issues with scope of work to leads & make recommendations on ways to resolve
Business Acumen & Strategic Thinking
• Develop & execute integrated communication plans with little guidance
• Coach staff and lead by example regarding utilization management & the impact to team/agency
New Business Development
• Proactively assist team leadership in growing & diversifying existing account beyond current scope
• Identify & create relationships that are mutually beneficial for the agency & clients
• Participate in preparation & delivery of organic growth or new business proposal content & in-person pitch meetings
• Coach & train junior level staff
We are keen to hear from people with previous experience and a passion for ethical healthcare. Agency experience would be ideal but we would consider in house backgrounds too. You will be self motivated, proactive with strong client liaison skills and excellent attention to detail.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits and extensive training.
About Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide (WE) is a global, integrated communications agency.