Junior Account Director / Senior Account Manager
Our client is a B2b based agency with accounts within the retail, media/ marcoms and related technology sectors. They are currently recruiting for a commercially astute senior account manager or junior account director with a minimum of five years’ experience, to join their lively, fast-paced and well-established team. Solid experience of working with brands within the b2b sector is key.
The successful candidate will have a wealth of management experience, exceptional people skills, and be capable of leading, motivating and developing several teams working on a number of fast- paced accounts. In addition to being able to demonstrate a creative edge and be social media
savvy, they will also have an impeccable eye for detail and results. Offering a strong strategic understanding of the role their work plays in supporting the consultancy, it is essential they can utilise project planning skills to plan and implement the agreed client activity grids and annual communication /digital plans. Able to hit the ground running, they must be able to communicate at a senior level, both within the consultancy and on the client side.
- Maintain senior level client contact across all quick moving accounts on a regular basis and ensure full understanding of client business, internal and external influencing factors, overall marketing strategy, budgeting constraints, PR needs and key media.
- Ensure and communicate delivery of results to clients on an on-going basis, plus manage inter-agency relationships.
- Develop new ideas and strategies for existing clients and identify opportunities to demonstrate new initiatives on behalf of clients.
- Direct and develop a number of account teams and be responsible for the achievement of objectives, within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Maintain rigorous quality control over work produced by account teams.
- Hold regular internal and external client review meetings to evaluate progress on each account, identify most successful activities, identify problems and review overall objectives and strategy.
- Identify potential team/client compatibility/liaison problems and refer as appropriate.
- Handle issues and crisis management on behalf of clients.
- Direct team on development of client proposals (and inform team of subsequent client revisions).
- Sign off all print work at final proof stage following consultation with a director.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive campaign evaluations, incorporating recommendations.
- Lead integrated campaign development, including press office, experiential activity (direct consumer engagement) and social media activity.
- Ensure the smooth running of teams through effective line management.
- Liaise with the financial controller to ensure timely and accurate invoicing. Follow up with client to ensure payment.
About Spitfire Recruitment
Spitfire Recruitment was founded on an ethos of synergy, and by drawing upon a combined experience of over twenty years in specialist recruitment, the team strives to bring together clients and candidates in order to find the best person for the job.