Head of Policy and Campaigns
Ellwood Atfield is recruiting the most senior Public Affairs position for this national health focused charity. You will devise and direct the execution of a public affairs, policy and campaigns strategy for the charity. Working across the large communications team you will be responsible for protecting and enhancing the brand and reputation to a range of stakeholders including policy-makers and government.
- Manage a team of two, you will be part of the senior communications team and engage across the charity both at head office and locally.
- Devise a policy and campaigns Strategy that will protect and enhance the charity’s reputation with policy-makers, parliamentarians and the sector.
- Act as an ambassador for the charity in meetings with MPs, Lords, policy-makers.
- Work with the PR team to ensure maximum media coverage is achieved from policy and campaigns activities.
- Manage partnerships and Alliances (both formal and informal) with other charities.
To join this successful team you will:
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the UK political system, including the devolved nations and local authorities.
- Sound understanding and experience of policy development.
- Experience of campaign management.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills and an ability to work with a range of audiences
It is not essential to have experience in health policy, but you must demonstrate desire to absorb yourself in the issues.
To apply or to find out more about this opportunity please email email@example.com quoting reference HPC/NB. Applications must be made by Tuesday 9 April 2013. Please note that an appointment maybe made before the close date.