Director of Media Relations
The British Bankers’ Association (BBA) is the UK’s leading association for the banking and financial services sector, representing the interests of more than 240 member organisations with a worldwide presence in 180 countries. Our member banks make up the world's largest international banking cluster, operating 150 million accounts for UK customers and contributing over £50 billion annually toUK economic growth. We represent our members to policymakers, regulators, the media and all key stakeholders across the UK, Europe and beyond, working together to promote a legislative and regulatory system that works for customers and promotes economic growth.
Working in a busy environment, in a time of great change for the industry, the successful candidate will lead on and shape the BBA’s press coverage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Handling big stories in high pressure situations and delivering outstanding results.
- Developing a proactive, strategic communications programme.
- Scoping out and developing news stories which help promote the banking industry and the BBA.
- Developing and enhancing the BBA’s digital and social media content.
- Being a leading spokesperson for the BBA across all media outlets.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience of working in a busy media relations team.
- Substantial experience of working for a major national news organisation.
- Proven experience of running and executing successful campaigns.
- Management experience.
- Knowledge of financial services and business.
A competitive salary and a generous package of benefits.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org