Press Officer - financial services - fast pace, front page issues and journalists calling you
This financial services organisation is at the pinnacle of cutting edge issues. It’s one of the busiest press offices around and you will need energy and a broad smile to keep up. In return your knowledge of institution and consumer retail financial services will go through the roof and you will regularly deal with senior City journalists.
You will be at the coal-face of the media on front-page stories. This financial services press office is fast paced, issues heavy and incredibly team orientated. Reporting into a PR Manager, you will have the autonomy to devise and implement proactive PR campaigns as well as handling a great deal of heavy weight issues across institutional and consumer retails financial services.
Key responsibilities and challenges for this Press Officer role are:
- Step up to the mark and calmly handle issue on banking, regulation and libor
- You will be responsible for building relationships across an enormous financial services business to be able to find the right people for back-ground briefings
- Enjoy being a spokesperson for the organisation and being part of a busy press office where no two days are the same
- Deal with heavy weight journalists daily
- Learn from your team members on how to provide superior strategic counsel and expert media advice to senior management
Key attributes and experience for this Press Officer role are:
- Have some PR experience of reacting to coal face issues and hold national media contacts
- Confident and comfortable advising senior management
- Corporate PR experience at account manager level handling financial services client or working in a personal financial PR team
- Will also consider corporate and financial PR agency experience who has handled complex issues
- Perhaps currently working as a press officer for a banking press office or a group function of a listed corporate
To be considered to join this financial services organisation in this exciting yet challenging Press Officer role, please click Apply Now