Freelance Account/Editorial Director - Healthcare - Top 20 Agency - London - £250-£300 day rate
Freelance Account Director/Editorial Director - Healthcare - Prestigious Top 20 Agency - London - £250-£300 day rate - OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FROM HOME
Based in London, my client is amongst the very best names in PR. As one of the world’s leading strategic PR & Communications agencies, they have built their reputation on creating original and imaginative solutions for their global blue-chip big-brand clients. The firm operates globally and was in fact recently voted 'Pan-European Agency of the Year'. My client is renowned for offering its people the opportunity for professional growth and personal success. The Healthcare team provides a fully integrated communications offering, providing strategic and tactical PR support, Medical Education and Public Affairs.
My Client is seeking to appoint an experienced Freelance Account Director or Editorial Director to join the Medical Education team which is part of the wider healthcare practice. The Medical Education team comprises specialised account handlers and medical writers and handles a variety of physician-targeted projects on behalf of global pharmaceutical companies
The Editorial Director/Account Director will lead medical education projects with a large editorial component and work with the management team to grow the medical education business. The primary responsibilities will be:
- Attaining and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of therapeutic areas and scientific literature of relevance to client accounts
- ·Editing and ensuring the quality of scientific/medical peer review publications developed by in-house and freelance medical writers
- ·Publication planning, including gap analyses and needs assessments, development of scientific platforms and publications strategy, and proposing content and target congresses/journals for publications
- ·Managing projects with significant scientific content such as advisory board meetings, online physician education programmes, and internal training programmes for pharmaceutical companies
- ·Acting as a main point of contact for clients and identifying opportunities for organic growth
- ·Developing proposals for new projects for existing and potential clients
- · Logging time spent per project using PeopleSoft time entry system
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Currently working as an Editorial Director or Account Director within a medical education or communications agency
- Publications planning experience is essential
In return for your talent and endeavour, my client is offering a highly competitive day rate of between £250 and £300 per day depending on experience and the opportunity to work from home part of the week.
This really is a rare opportunity for an ambitious PR healthcare professional to join one of the world’s very best PR agencies. So please don’t delay in sending your CV in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. To view this and hundreds of other opportunities in PR & Communications please visit www.medianrecruit.co.uk
- 14 May 2013
- 14 June 2013
- Account Director, Account Manager, Associate Director, Director (Agency), Director (In-House), Manager (In-House), Senior Account Manager, Writer / Copywriter
- Business to Business, Corporate Communications, Digital & Online, External Affairs, International, Marketing Communications, Press / Media Relations, Public Affairs / Policy
- Full Time
- Contract Type
Median Recruitment is one of the UK’s leading specialist PR and communications recruitment consultancies. Established in 1998, over the years Median has helped literally thousands of Public Relations professionals take their next step the career ladder.