Freelance Inhouse Media Manager - Public Sector
A Public Sector body is looking for a Media Manager for a 3 month freelance contract, with the possibility of it extending to one year, to start beginning of next month.
Key skills & abilities:
- You will have a strong media background ideally with journalism experience
- Prior experience of working in a fast-paced public sector press office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Confidently handle sensitive information
- Experience of crisis comms, you will Act as the first media contact in the event of a major incident in Central London, liaising with emergency services, councillors and the UK media.
- To promote the council and its policies through the delivery of an effective media and public relations service
- Provide communications advice to relevant officers and members of the cabinet
- Act as spokesperson for the body, ensuring effective and accurate communication of the client’s position at all times
- Run projects from start to finish autonomously
- Manage to junior team members and deputise for the Head of Communications as required.
- Deliver corporate goals through the media including lobbying and information campaigns
- Budgetary responsibility of up to £10,000
You will be part of a well-known media team and be responsible for first class tactical media relations including planning and implementing proactive and reactive PR at local, regional and national levels.
About Media Recruitment
Media Recruitment is one of London’s leading PR, communications and marketing recruitment consultancies.