This job has now expired
A Public Sector body is looking for a Media Manager for a 3 month freelance contract, with the possibility of it extending to one year, to start beginning of next month.
Key skills & abilities:
- You will have a strong media background ideally with journalism experience
- Prior experience of working in a fast-paced public sector press office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Confidently handle sensitive information
- Experience of crisis comms, you will Act as the first media contact in the event of a major incident in Central London, liaising with emergency services, councillors and the UK media.
- To promote the council and its policies through the delivery of an effective media and public relations service
- Provide communications advice to relevant officers and members of the cabinet
- Act as spokesperson for the body, ensuring effective and accurate communication of the client’s position at all times
- Run projects from start to finish autonomously
- Manage to junior team members and deputise for the Head of Communications as required.
- Deliver corporate goals through the media including lobbying and information campaigns
- Budgetary responsibility of up to £10,000
You will be part of a well-known media team and be responsible for first class tactical media relations including planning and implementing proactive and reactive PR at local, regional and national levels.