Our client is one a leading global brand with one of the most high profile communications teams in the UK today. Multi-award winning, hugely committed to staff development and a threshold for communications quality that seemingly never falls below outstanding. They are recruiting for a Press Officer who is capable of attaining their high standards and who is willing to take their media relations career on a global trajectory.
As the Press Officer you will:
- Manage incoming press queries around a wide array of issues and crises that might range from retail, sports, health and well being, financial services or social responsibility. These crises will be high profile and high pressure.
- engage with digital, press and broadcast media in order to raise the profile of well planned strategic campaigns.
- establish long standing and productive relationships with journalists at a national level.
- implement strategic comms plans that have been agreed and developed by your senior colleagues on the strategic communication team.
- produce accurate and interesting copy intended for national publication.
To qualify for the position of Press Officer you must have experience of:
- managing high profile national media scrutiny and working to ensure the corporate position / voice of your organisation is not drowned out.
- implementing corporate communications strategies and plans in line with planned goals and objectives.
- spotting media opportunities that would enable campaigns you are running to gain further coverage.
- have experience gained in an agency, retail, sports or government background.
To apply for this really amazing opportunity / position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TE/Gecko on your application.