This job has now expired
With more than 300,000 customers, served by over 3,400 people operating from 120+ sites, BOC is the UK’s biggest industrial and medical gases business.
Innovation is a key part of our future. As well as recently launching the world's first mobile cryotherapy chamber, BOC is pioneering a number of low carbon/clean energy and healthcare technologies. After opening the first public-access hydrogen vehicle refuelling station at Honda Swindon, we’re now supplying LNG to and building refuelling stations for fleet operators whose HGVs travel Britain’s roads every day.
Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) also features strongly in our portfolio, and we will be investing £25 million in Teesside after recently winning one of the largest industrial gases contracts ever awarded in the UK.
But these innovations and major projects only represent a part of the huge operation that is BOC, with the production and supply of atmospheric gases, equipment and services forming the core business that is vital to the lives and livelihoods of thousands of people throughout the UK & Ireland.
Since 2006 BOC has been part of the Linde Group, a global industrial gases and engineering company with 62,000 employees in more than 100 countries and revenues of €15.3bn in 2012.
You will be responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders to strengthen understanding of BOC, principally via proactive and reactive engagement with specialist trade and business media in the UK and Ireland, including press relations, copywriting and management of PR events, and using both online and traditional channels.
Supporting the Communications and External Affairs Manager in providing timely and effective crisis/ issues management is a key element of the role so experience in this area is vital, and knowledge of the political landscape would also be useful as you will also help develop, manage and deliver BOC’s positioning and campaigning on specific policy and regulatory issues. You will also be responsible for developing and managing the Corporate Responsibility plan.
There are plenty of exciting developments in our business and we are now looking for the right person with a mindset that is both strategic and hands-on to help them be told - and heard - in this broad, challenging and varied role.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in B2B PR, ideally in a industrial, manufacturing, engineering or energy organisation.
- Genuine understanding of the media – especially trade/ technical media - and experience of dealing with them personally
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills
- Hands-on experience of crisis/issues management
- Knowledge of, or interest in, Corporate Responsibility
- Experience of organising/ managing media events
- Understanding of the political landscape in the UK and Ireland
- Ability to interpret business strategy to determine and deliver an associated PR plan
- Experience of working in a complex, matrix structured, sensitive organisation
- Degree-level qualifications or a relevant professional equivalent
- Agency/ supplier management experience would be an advantage
Please click the APPLY NOW button if you are interested in the role.