Corporate Affairs Executive
Mars Chocolate makes iconic products including M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, MALTESERS®, GALAXY®, MARS®, TWIX®;and many more. We have an enviable reputation for quality people, for innovative brands and for keeping them right at the cutting edge, the Corporate Affairs (CA) input behind those brands is a critical driver.
As the Corporate Affairs Executive reporting to our UK Chocolate CA Manager, you’ll be a key member of the CA team responsible for the UK market Chocolate Segment. You’ll cover the whole CA function, including communications; issues management; PR/corporate reputation; corporate and brand cause marketing; and community relations.
You will thrive in a fast moving environment, working often to very tight deadlines, you’ll source and collate information required to promote our business. You’ll also react to media enquiries and lead proactive media engagement, including:
• owning and developing talent attraction PR strategies, in close liaison with in house teams
• being our primary contact for local media, including relationship-building
• supporting Brand PR, adding value by working closely with our award winning marketeers on UK brand PR campaigns
Educated to Degree level, you’ll have a proven communications track record in corporate affairs or PR. You’ll really enjoy handling a diverse range of issues and situations, underpinned by a core understanding of how the media works. You’ll be skilled at developing relationships to accomplish corporate objectives and in addition to experience of working with agencies; you’ll also have experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams, collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders. Your skill-set will include:
• high level planning and organisational skills
• working accurately in a fast-moving, deadline-driven environment
• the interpersonal skills to build relationships and trust with key stakeholders
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. To empower you, we give freedom and responsibility to do more than you ever imagined. So, to open up a dialogue that could change your working life and realise your ambition, click on the button below.
- 17 June 2013
- 17 July 2013
- Business to Business, Corporate Communications, CSR, Digital & Online, External Affairs, Internal Communications, Marketing Communications, Press / Media Relations, Public Affairs / Policy
- Full Time
- Contract Type