Communications Manager - Russian speaker for Topical Financial Services
This in-house financial services communications team have a fantastic reputation and are looking for a Communications Manager with the technical know-how and strategic insights to build and deliver on their already established communications initiatives with focus on the Russia region working across structured finance, infrastructure and banking.
This Canary Wharf based global financial services company specialise in the challenging space of structured finance. When it comes to their communications strategies they like to break the mould and develop thought leading initiatives with a unique view point. They are an international company and this role covers work in Russia, where there is a lot of complex work and potential growth. With more than 800 people in the modern London office, you would work with a range of people across the business as well as developing close working relationships with your communications counterparts.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Communications Manager role:
- Working in a communications team of 11 you will be given specific areas of responsibility, including the Russian market
- Helping devise and implement innovative communications plans that highlight the fantastic work the company is doing as well as raising the profile of structured finance as a whole
- Balancing strong communications skills with the technical know-how to understand complicated financial scenarios
- Based predominantly in London but with travel to Russia the role requires someone with contacts in the UK and Russian media and who can manage proactive and reactive communications initiatives
- Working closely with analysts internally to understand the work and identifying PR opportunities
- Travel to Russia every quarter will be required
- Managing multiple projects and being able to develop communications programmes at a fast pace
Key attributes and experience for this Communications Manager role:
- An established track record in corporate PR, specialising in financial services
- You must be fluent in Russian
- Experience in structured finance would be highly beneficial and our client would consider a journalist from this background
- Someone currently working as a PR manager in a financial services organisation or alternatively at Account Director level in a well-known corporate agency working on financial services clients
- The ability to know your own mind and not be afraid to push back diplomatically when required
- A fantastic strategic approach teamed with the ability to comprehend complex financial information
- Someone who takes pride in their work and really strives to make a difference but knows how to have fun at the end of a hard working day
To be considered for this Communications Manager role please click to apply
About The Works
The Works is a world class search and selection consultancy for the PR and corporate communications industry. We stand out from the crowd because we listen and take care to understand both our candidates’ careers and our clients and their requirements.