Communications Business Partner x2 - Global Marketing / Global Sales
We are the leading global distributor of electronics and maintenance products, we are looking for a skilled Internal Communications professional to partner with its Global Marketing and Global Sales team.
Our vision has our people at its heart, and that’s where you come in.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Communication, you will act as a strategic business partner to the Marketing function, advising on all aspects of internal communications, and helping to bring to life the business vision and strategy for our employees. You will work closely with the Marketing Leadership team to craft and deliver a compelling and well-rounded internal communications programme. There will be a mix of strategic and hands-on work in this role, and you will have an opportunity to make a significant impact on this high profile team.
The ideal candidate, will have a strong track record of internal communications, ideally with a global company. You will have acted as a strategic internal communications advisor and business partner, and have a strong understanding of the full array of internal communications techniques and channels. You have excellent writing, project management and stakeholder management skills, and be confident in your ability to advise fact off to senior level stakeholders across a large, complex organisation.
RS Components is the trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the world’s leading high service distributor of electronics and maintenance products. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 550,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping more than 46,000 parcels on the same day the orders are received. Our products, sourced from 2,500 leading suppliers, include electronics, automation and control, test and measurement, electrical and mechanical components.
Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange and in the last financial year ended 31 March 2012 had revenues of £1.27bn.
Scope of the Role
This role is a global one reporting to the head of Internal Communication. As part of the Internal Communications Business Partnering team you will be responsible for the delivery of the internal communications strategies, plans and tools across the globe. Your role will be key in helping our employees understand why we need to embrace change to build a bigger and more successful global business.
Delivering and supporting the Internal Communications Strategy across the group to ensure understanding of the Group Strategy and to build engagement with all employees. The role will support both Global and Functional communication needs, and deliver global communications in a consistent way across all regions taking into account cultural differences and local needs. The role will:
• Provide consultative support to the Marketing Director and their senior team, providing informed communication guidance, recommendations and direction to support delivery of their objectives.
• Translate the global communications strategy into implementable plans and content to build understanding, support and commitment amongst employees. Through communications you will help bringing alive and personalising the Group’s business strategy and priorities
• Build understand of business needs globally and functionally to align the communication strategy with the business objectives
• Be a consultative support to the Marketing Director and their senior team, providing informed communication guidance, recommendations and direction to support delivery of their objectives
• Create and manage comprehensive communication plans to support both the global and functional needs of the business
• Communicate in a planned, timely, clear and consistent manner key business decisions and provide clarity, consistency and direction for internal audiences
• Support the communication delivery of specific event-driven communication (significant announcements, crises etc) that have specific employee implications
• Manage and deliver internal communication programmes and activities that promote common purpose, enhance senior team visibility, seek employee involvement/ feedback, help embed cultural change, aligned to the company behaviours.
• Help build, support and manage a virtual Group-wide internal communications partner network to enable the regular flow of relevant and aligned communications
• Provide expert advice and counsel on internal communications, anticipating both opportunities and issues and providing guidance on the best ways to engage all relevant audience groups to achieve the customer objective
• Build and maintain strong relationships with functional & local leadership teams to ensure consistency in approach and content, understand priorities and recognise opportunities for synergies and efficiencies
Office environment with requirement to travel to other locations as required to meet the needs of the Global Function
What we’re looking for
• Extensive Internal Communications understanding and will have worked at a senior level preferably within a global / matrix business
• Demonstrable ability to make strategic decisions on messaging and communications delivery, and timing based on sound logic and rationale to meet business objectives with the ability to create and implement simplified, effective and fit-for-purpose plans
• Proven experience of providing consultation to senior management with the ability to coach and influence at senior levels
• Experience in strategic change communications and planning - proven track record of delivering effective communications to create clarity of direction for employees and drive cultural change
• Exceptional all round communications skills with the ability to engage effectively at all levels
• Culturally sensitive with the ability to operate effectively in a global role
• Can operate within a team environment and be an equal team member
• Comfortable moving from the strategic to the tactical
• Language skills would be an advantage
What we can offer
In return, we offer an outstanding benefits package which includes car/car allowance, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, life assurance, flexible working and career development to rival any global organisation. We provide a healthy work/life balance, along with a fulfilling and rewarding long term career.
Further information only; please contact Alison Birch in the Resourcing Team on 01536 405520
External candidates will be subject to successful pre-employment screening.