External Communications Specialist
External Communications Specialist West Sussex Circa £45,000 p.a
We have an exciting opportunity for an External Communications Specialist to further their career by joining our global client, a leading pharmaceutical company, based in West Sussex.
They are offering a competitive salary of c £45,000 plus excellent benefits.
Core functions of this External Comms Specialist position:
- The development and execution of communications strategies and tactics to support the organisation's promotional and non-promotional brands and initiatives, through working with external agencies and internal marketing and market access teams.
- Exploring and implementing digital communications channels
- Developing communications plans form an integral part of this position as well as ensuring all strategies and tactics are in line with overall business objectives
- You will manage all programmes ensuring that they are measured and evaluated in line with corporate procedures, working with an internal communications colleague to maximise awareness of brand and corporate milestones.
Other responsibilities include answering media queries and driving media engagement, building relationships both locally and at national level, tracking media coverage as appropriate.
You will create a media portal on the organisation’s website and accompany UK journalists to events both in the UK and abroad as required.
As the UK website is currently undergoing a re-build you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the project including liaising with the design and content agencies, internal subject matter experts and the internal marketing team to ensure that all deadlines are met.
The perfect External Comms Specialist:
- Ideally a graduate in journalism, communications or similar, or holding a science degree with communications experience
- The successful candidate will have extensive, proven, external communications experience (agency or in-house) gained either within the pharmaceutical sector directly or with pharmaceutical clients as part of your portfolio
- Excellent project management skills are required with the ability to deliver campaigns on time and to budget
- With strong writing, presentation and IT skills, you will have experience of creating and implementing PR plans and managing corporate communications issues
- A strong influencer with experience of using web-based technologies and e-communications, you should be highly organised and able to work as part of a team
If this External Communications Specialist role is right for you please click the ‘Apply’ button now and upload your CV.