This job has now expired
Closing date: 16 August 2013
We’re looking for an influential Director of Campaigns, Policy and Communications with a track record of bringing social issues into the spotlight, to play their part in putting housing and homelessness squarely on the national agenda.
With the demand for our services increasing relentlessly, there’s a real need, more than ever, to make housing issues resonate with the public and decision makers alike. This role offers a unique opportunity for a campaigns and communications professional to help shape a key public and political debate, as well as the strategic direction of one of the UK’s best-known charities.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Providing strategic direction and leadership for the Campaigns, Policy and Communications team
- Enrolling the support of politicians, policy-makers and the wider public
- Bringing an imaginative and highly-skilled approach to policy development
- Developing the Shelter brand and reputation and making sure our use of digital channels and communications techniques is innovative and insightful
And what you’ll need:
- In-depth senior management experience that has seen you successfully deal with key influencers, shape strategy, bring about organisational development and manage change
- A fundamental understanding of the factors involved in successful service delivery, ideally gained in a campaigning role/organisation
- A keen awareness of political positioning and media management
- A proactive and entrepreneurial approach, a proven ability to add value and a flair for building lucrative long-term networks and business partnerships
For further information about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please download the job description.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps over a million people a year struggling with bad housing or homelessness – and we campaign to prevent it in the first place.
We’re here so no-one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
To apply please visit our website.