This job has now expired
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and die hard PR professional that is looking to move up the ladder with an exceptional agency based in Gloucestershire.
To assume immediate day to day responsibilities for pushing along the client work on all designated clients
To help grow the business by ensuring clients stay and that new ones join!
- Maintain close liaison with clients to ensure work is progressing satisfactorily and opportunities are being seized. Attend monthly meetings and other meetings where necessary.
- Assume responsibility for quality control of own day to day work.
- Ensure all work is carried out within budget, that invoicing is done correctly and promptly and disbursements are recharged profitably
- Develop good understanding of client business and markets and the issues affecting them.
- Develop good media contacts in related media sectors, and be proactive in setting up media coverage opportunities.
- Likewise, develop contacts with key influencers/bodies relevant to clients, and take proactive role in exploring opportunities.
- Produce contact and monthly reports. Ensure press cuttings are properly mounted and sent to client. Provide weekly progress report (in the form of OPS notes) to Principal.
- Maintain adequate supplies of client press paper, photographs, literature (where relevant) and product samples.
This person will have a minimum of three years experience of public relations in and executive role, and will have developed the necessary skills to manage a team responsible for a number of accounts.
• Plan, organise and control a team of account executives and support staff to progress day-to-day work on their clients.
• Maintain close liaison with clients to ensure work is progressing satisfactorily and opportunities are being seized. Involve senior management as appropriate.
• Maintain quality control over work produced by junior staff. Check all written material before it goes to client for approval.
• Ensure all work is carried out within budget and that invoicing is done correctly and in timely manner.
• Full range of writing skills, including speech writing, presentations, features and proposals.
• Liaison with third party suppliers and agreement on budgets for bought-in services.
• Development of new opportunities on existing business and new business. Preparation of proposals.
• Team motivation and identification of problems on team to discuss with senior management.
Draft press releases, articles, photocalls, invitations, press kits, background information sheets, status reports, competition formats, speeches etc etc.
Art-direct and manage photocalls and photographic sessions.
Liaise with 3rd party suppliers, briefing them, agreeing budgets for bought-in services and ensuring budgetary limits are observed. (Suppliers include photographers, designers and artwork studios, printers, venues, caterers etc.)
Develop new opportunities on existing business and new business. Help research, write and cost proposals.
Attend brainstorms/think-tanks on new business.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please send through your CV and details of your current salary and availability.