Employee Communications Manager
London or Sheffield
You will be responsible for ensuring employees feel connected to the organisation through the delivery of a values-led two way communication and engagement strategy.
About the job
- Provide strategic and specialist communications advice to the Communications Business Partners in the design and delivery of internal communications
- Design and develop Balfour Beatty Services internal communications, plans and channels and materials including intranet, employee induction, briefings, focus groups, printed materials, surveys, conferences, WebEx’s and events
- Use a range of channels to deliver defined employee communications that create genuine conversations with employees
- Set up and run ongoing focus groups as a key measure of employee engagement
- Support the Communications business partners in the development of an effective network of communications champions and develop other means to reach remote access employees, including the use of social media
- Manage a small team
- Manage the Balfour Beatty Services internal communications budget
What you’ll need
A proven track record in corporate and employee communications together with experience of delivering complex change communications. You’ll be a creative thinker with awareness and knowledge of the latest internal communication techniques and trends.
The ability to build highly effective working relationships and work across matrix environments will be essential. With excellent writing skills and good attention to detail, you will be used to managing both a team and a budget.
A bit about us
As part of its Services business, Balfour Beatty works across the electricity, gas, telecommunications, wastewater and water sectors providing a range of services to develop, design, install, replace and maintain essential utility assets.
Our operations help to ensure the supply of the essentials of 21st century life to millions of homes around the UK and across the world. We have a reputation of excellence in delivery, a highly integrated and people oriented business producing high-value technical solutions for our customers including Scottish and Southern Energy, National Grid and United Utilities.