This job has now expired
The role will primarily oversee external press relations, creating persuasive and engaging narratives that will enhance and grow the reputation of the business.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for developing and delivering effective external press campaigns for the UK, targeted towards maintaining share of voice in the media and achieving sustained growth and development of the business in a highly competitive market plac
As a member of the UK Marketing and Communications Team you will be expected to build and sustain close relationships with the senior stakeholders in the business and bring a high level of expert knowledge to consult on media relations.
As part of this role you will be required to work/liaise with:
* Stakeholders from across the business at all levels of seniority - driving and delivering corporate PR campaigns and supporting on specialism campaigns, in particular media programmes
* External media - broadcast, national and trade
* Other external partners and suppliers
* The corporate and specialism marketing and communications team
The ideal candidate will have significant PR experience (at a senior level) with excellent media relations, preferably with experience in a public sector or B2B/corporate marketing environment. They will be a strategic thinker with the ability to take all aspects of a project through from concept to completion. They will also be a creative problem solver with a 'hands-on' approach to providing and implementing PR solutions to drive business success.
* To manage the corporate Press Office function - responding to in-bound media enquiries, drafting and issuing press releases, editing content and securing coverage.
* To work closely with the business to pro-actively identify new opportunities to engage the national and sector media to regularly deliver a high standard of external thought leadership.
* To build and maintain an excellent network of media contacts and other key public and private sector figures in order to deliver high levels of media coverage and assist in securing high profile speakers for events.
* Act as a subject matter expert and champion best practice to the business.
* To deliver holistic campaigns which effectively integrate with the overall marketing plan, including events, publications, web and social media channels.
* To have overall line management responsibility for a Marketing Assistant and to mentor other team members to build PR expertise, particularly within the private sector.
* To work closely with the marketing and communication team members, as well as key stakeholders in the business to advise on media relations tactics, messaging and positioning to ensure content is delivering against business and marketing objectives.
* To support spokespeople across the business, organising and preparing briefings, coaching and training in media interviews and article writing.
* To identify and pitch key spokespeople for relevant industry speaker opportunities.
* To ensure that press releases, articles, key coverage and new reports are communicated effectively to the teams.
* To optimise the exposure of key clients and prospects to our media coverage.
* To assist in winning business by actively pitching press credentials within key proposals - offering to act as a media relations consultant for clients in order to assist them in maximising the impact of their PR activities, leveraging our extensive network of media contacts.
* To manage media relations suppliers, negotiating to deliver value and optimise ROI.
* To monitor and analyse PR activity at both a corporate and specialism level, driving an increase in 'on message' content.
If this role is not quite right for you send it onto a friend and you could be eligible for our referral scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of sending your CV, unfortunately you have not been selected for the position.
For other PR positions we're currently recruiting for, please visit http://www.careermovesgroup.co.uk/jobs/pr-moves