Media & PR Project manager
London & Partners is the official economic development agency and promotional organisation for London. Our company attracts and delivers value to overseas business, event organisers, students and visitors. London & Partners is a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
The Media & PR Project Manager is a new post created to provide media and PR global coverage for London and London & Partners. The coverage should promote London as a world capital of business, a centre of learning and creativity and a leading visitor destination. This should all contribute to London’s reputation as the best place to do business, invest, study, visit and live. The post will be specifically responsible for promoting London in the media as a destination for international students.
As a Member of London & Partners’ Media and PR team, the post holder will, with the rest of the team, deliver London & Partners’ Media and PR strategy to enhance London’s reputation with key international audiences:
- International leisure tourists
- Business tourists; events, conventions and congress organisers
- Foreign direct and institutional investors
- Major sporting and cultural events organisers and attendees
- International students
The post holder will work with the wider company to develop compelling stories and messaging which achieve cut through on international media including digital, social and broadcast media channels. The Media & PR Project Manager will also develop strategic relationships with key journalists and broadcasters and will prepare briefings in conjunction with these.
The successful candidate will also lead on Media and PR projects as directed by the Head of Media & PR to generate international coverage. Under this year’s business plan, the PR team will attract foreign direct investment, leisure tourists, business tourists, congresses and conventions, major sporting and cultural events and international students which deliver £226m additional GVA, create 4,000 jobs and support 26,500 jobs. In particular the post holder will have special responsibility for gaining media coverage for the education market in London.
- Head of Media & PR
- Media and PR managers
- Key managers across London & Partners
- Head of Study at London & Partners
- Commercial partners
- Audience insight team
- Variety of external stakeholder relations, including the GLA press office, TfL, UK Sport, Sport England, LSCP, UKTI, FCO, Tech City, London First, LLDC, London Boroughs, VistBritain, VisitEngland, Wembley, Olympia, ExCeL , ISES, ICCA, London universities
- National and international journalists and broadcasters
- External agencies
Duties & responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head of Media & PR and other colleagues to deliver the communications strategy for specific projects
- Deliver proactive communications to promote specific projects for London and responsibility for the education market
- Manage budgets and take responsibility for evaluating media coverage to achieve relevant targets
- Represent the London & Partners communications team to other appropriate commercial partners
- Act as on call duty manager for press calls (when on rota)
- Write press releases, plan for events, field enquiries from Journalists, pull together briefing documents and carrying out appropriate background research for his/her projects.
- Manage and lead reactive and crisis management communications on specific projects for London
- Any additional ad hoc requests in relation to his/her projects
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree or equivalent level education preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive news management and crisis communications skills
- Excellent news sense; ability to identify news-worthy stories
- Good media contacts and in-depth knowledge of international media (particularly in key markets; with local expertise)
- High level negotiating and influencing skills including ability to successfully influence very senior individuals internally and externally
- Highly developed understanding and experience of working with diverse stakeholders across the public and private sectors
- Demonstrated ability in budget and resource management
Personal style and behaviour
- Strategic thinker
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and behaviours
- Self-driven and results oriented with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality outcomes
- Effective and persuasive communicator
- Collaborative outlook and highly credible with business and other stakeholders
- Articulate, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Creative thinker who keeps abreast of industry news and innovations
- Passionate about London!
About London & Partners
London & Partners is the official promotional agency for London attracting and delivering value to businesses, students and visitors. Launched on 1st April 2011, the agency combines the remits of Think London, Study London and Visit London.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Corporate Communications Manager (In-House) Business / Industrial jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Corporate Communications Manager (In-House) Entertainment / Leisure jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Corporate Communications Manager (In-House) Media and New Media jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Corporate Communications Manager (In-House) Travel and Tourism jobs in London (Central)