This job has now expired
Are you passionate about health and the NHS? Are you an experienced press, public affairs or communications professional looking for a challenging new role? Do you want to join a new and dynamic team that provides communications advice and services to a portfolio of NHS organisations?
We are looking for a number of specialists with a passion for delivering great communications and who take pride in doing an excellent job, to join teams within our growing communications service.
Senior Communications Manager
Working on behalf of our customer NHS England in their London regional office the Senior Communications Manager will support our Associate Director of Communications for London to manage and develop the communications team and to deliver our service for NHS England in London. You will develop strategic communications plans to support the delivery of the vision for the NHS across London, advising and supporting NHS England in London about stakeholder engagement, public relations, digital and corporate communications.
Your key responsibilities:
- Providing senior expert communications advice to our customers on all aspects of their business
- Developing communications strategies and action plans for high-profile projects/campaigns and ensuring their effective implementation
- Producing a broad range of written communications to the highest standard; using your expertise and experience to identify the right channels and styles for specific audiences
- Providing day-to-day leadership and project based management to other team members
- Supporting colleagues from media, parliamentary and stakeholder briefings and Freedom of Information (FOI) teams to gather information and intelligence to ensure effective responses to the media and other stakeholders
- Maintaining excellent contacts and relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Deputising for the Associate Director of Communications as appropriate
Send a short covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and why you would be a suitable candidate, along with your CV to
We are looking for exceptional candidates and would be flexible regarding interview dates.