A fantastic opportunity has arisen within this national health organisation to set up, build on and lead on all media relations.
Reporting to the Senior Public Affairs Manager this role will be part of a wider communications team but is a new position to raise the profile of the organisation and its work.
You’ll preferably have healthcare experience with good media contacts in this area and will understand the complex and changing landscape of the sector. You will be a proactive media relations expert with a proven track record of identifying media stories and successfully selling them in.
- Develop and implement a PR strategy for the organisation
- Work internally at all levels to build media capability and appetite
- Manage press office function to ensure efficient, consistent, media messages, press releases and materials
- Develop and build on relationships with targeted media in the academic, national and trade media
- Network and build relationships with key stakeholders with a view to identifying media hooks and stories
You’ll be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Most importantly you will love media relations and have the confidence and gravitas to quickly gain trust and build relationships
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing proactive PR campaigns from concept to coverage
- Knowledge and experience of the healthcare sector is highly desirable
- Experience of influencing and advising a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong news sense with experience in mainly proactive rather than reactive media relations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex, academic information into strong media friendly messages
- Highly organised with strong project management skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities
The closing date for this role is Thursday 8 August 2013.
To apply for the Media Relations Manager role, please click the ‘apply’ button below
To apply for the Media Manager role, please click the ‘apply’ button below
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Sophie Collins on email@example.com quoting reference SC-1307-61
VMA Group is the global executive recruitment and professional development partner in corporate communications, PR and investor relations.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Have you thought about a career in recruitment? Why not work for us? http://vmagroup.com/workforus/
About VMA Group
Since its inception as Vicky Mann Associates in 1978, VMA Group has grown to be the leading global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications