Communications and Marketing Manager
Millward Brown is a global leader in brand, media and communications research. This role is in the Global Communications & Marketing team, based in Warwick . As a vital part of a small and busy team, you will be given responsibility for managing your own projects and supporting the delivery of marketing communications campaigns, such as the BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands study. This role supports a number of teams, so you need to enjoy working with people and be prepared to manage your time and other people’s expectations effectively.
Management of teams and projects
- Organised and methodical approach to working on projects
- Ability to encourage and win support for projects that need to be implemented by teams with many different priorities.
- Experience of directly line managing a small team, including direct reports in other time zones.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Happy to deal with many different projects at the same time and organize time effectively.
Devising and Implementing Global Communications Campaigns
- Experience of organizing complex multi-channel campaigns that need to work across different geographic regions.
- Understanding of the full communications mix and how to use it appropriately for a business audience.
- Open to the ideas and inputs of others, but capable of making a final decision and achieving buy-in.
Managing a Thought leadership programme
- Work with the Chief Global Analyst, Global Solutions and regional marketing teams to identify an annual programme of Thought leadership.
- Manage the production of Thought leadership publications, particularly the Point of View series.
- Be adaptable and aware of developments in the marketplace to make sure the schedule stays relevant throughout the year.
Leading on the BrandZ Top 100 ranking and associated projects
- Leading on the strategy and implementation of the annual BrandZ Top 100 ranking and associated projects
- Dealing with very senior stakeholders.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment on time sensitive deliverables.
- Experience of planning and implementing multi-channel communications in a professional services environment
- Strong project and people management skills
- Able to work well with change and short deadlines
- Good problem solver
- PR and Social Media experience
- Excellent written English skills
- Interest in brands and market research
- Sensitivity to working with people from different cultures and in different time zones
- Attention to detail
- Post-graduate qualification in Marketing, Communications or PR desirable
- High degree of fluency (written and spoken) in English
- Additional European languages an advantage