PR Account Manager
The role involves working in our PR team working alongside our PR Director, providing direction, project management, momentum and seasoned advice. Our PR clients are based in the logistics and supply chain sectors and our PR is place in trade and vertical press plus regional and business press.
We are looking for an energetic and switched-on Public Relations professional who particularly loves writing as well as getting on the phone to journalists to "make it happen".
You will be leading some accounts, playing a supporting role on others, and providing direction and advice behind-the-scenes on some.
You will be getting out and meeting clients, getting to know them really well and being able to provide them with advice, energy and results. The same for getting out too meet journalists and also representing us at networking events (there is a bonus for new business brought in).
You will also be involved strongly in new business - attending initial meetings with prospects, helping on proposals and attending pitch meetings. You will primarily be reporting to owner and the role will naturally lead to account directorship.
Salary is circa £30,000 per annum and bonus for business development.
Key requirements for this PR vacancy are:
- At least four years’ experience in B2B /professional services Public Relations or 4+ years’ experience in journalist covering B2B, if possible technical, professional services stories
- Really, really strong writing skills (i.e. you can quickly write interesting, clear, succinct, punchy press releases and articles on business subjects) as well as strong proof-reading and sub-editing skills
- Well organised as a person
- A strong news sense (we want the sort of person who arrives in the office armed with several great ideas for client coverage based on that morning's papers) and strong knowledge and passion for business issues
- 09 September 2013
- 28 September 2013
- PR Account Manager
- Business / Industrial
- Senior Account Executive
- Business to Business, Corporate Communications, Internal Communications, Marketing Communications, Press / Media Relations
- Full Time
- Contract Type