Communications Manager - Janssen
Janssen is part of Johnson & Johnson and one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical companies, with operations across the globe. We are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time across a range of specialisms. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Please visit www.janssen.co.uk for more information.
As Communications Manager reporting to our Head of Government Affairs and Communications, you’ll take the lead in two key areas. Your first challenge will be to drive the external and internal UK communications strategy for specific brands, developing and leveraging relationships with key stakeholders, including stakeholders, patient groups, select clinicians and the media. The second will be to undertake public affairs activity within the Janssen Government Affairs and Communications team, providing counsel across the business in this area,. So major features of the role will include: • ensuring the public affairs and communications strategy includes key differentiators which support the brand throughout the product lifecycle
• responsibility for partnership projects with advocacy groups
• identifying, evaluating and advising on our approach to key health policy consultations
Educated to Degree level, you must have a proven track record in public affairs and/ or communications, preferably in the health and/or FMCG sector. An excellent writer with strong project management and prioritising skills, you have the strategic focus, leadership capability and gravitas to operate at any level within and outside the organisation. Highly collaborative and very much at ease with cross-functional team working, you’ll have a very clear customer focus, together with:
• Strong understanding of Parliamentary processes and knowledge of the workings of central and local government
• well-developed negotiating and influencing skills
• an incisive focus on results via delivery to tight timelines
• proven strengths in people management and development.
To apply for the Communications Manager role please click on the apply button below. Will Government Officials please identify themselves application for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you apply, any personal data you provide shall be processed by Janssen-Cilag Ltd, a Johnson & Johnson company, for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Job reference OLR6013
- 04 September 2013
- 04 October 2013
- Manager (In-House)
- Business to Business, Corporate Communications, CSR, External Affairs, Internal Communications, International, Investor Relations, Marketing Communications, Press / Media Relations, Public Affairs / Policy
- Full Time
- Contract Type