Head of PR and Public Affairs (maternity leave cover)
We will consider reduced hours or flexible working for the right candidate.
NCT, the UK’s largest charity for parents, is looking for a Head of PR and Public Affairs to lead our lobbying work and raise the profile of NCT and public awareness of the vital support and information we provide to parents during their First 1,000 Days.
The role will lead on all aspects of PR, public affairs (including proactive media relations, crisis and issues management, political lobbying across all four countries, and external stakeholder engagement).
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring strategic and operational plans within a demanding organisation
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Act as an organisational spokesperson
• A proven record of achievement in media relations including crisis communications and reputation management
• Experience of building strong relationships with external stakeholders, including journalists, commentators, parliamentarians and NGOs
• A successful track record in influencing governments across the UK
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Experience of managing multi-functional teams and consultancies
• Strong networking and influencing skills
Please apply on our website with your CV and supporting statement outlining how you meet the criteria.
Closing date: 16 September 2013