This job has now expired
I am handling a temporary role starting ASAP and guaranteed until 31 March (may be extended beyond that) with a healthcare related public sector service trust. The role will be based in Bolton with the expectation of travel anywhere in the north west.
The role will be responsible for delivering internal and external Communications and will co-ordinate a range of PR and communication activities across the region to ensure activities target audiences both external and internally, through a range of methods, to manage the Trust’s reputation, reflecting the Trust’s strategic vision, organisational objectives and communication strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop, implement and evaluate communication projects and campaigns.
- To provide communication support and advice to Senior Managers and the Executive Management Team.
- Work closely with the Senior Communications Manager and Head of Communications and other communications colleagues to develop and implement the Trust’s communication strategies, Public Relation (PR) plans and campaigns ensuring any communications represents the Trust’s core values and strategic vision.
- Take responsibility for day to day office management and arranging meetings, organising events, press conferences, photocalls and coordination of PR campaigns
- Make judgements on the most appropriate way to respond to media and other stakeholder requests in line with communication strategies and protocols
- Develop excellent media relations with local media and ensure proactive media relations programmes are established to persuade and influence journalists where necessary.
- Handle often complex and sensitive media enquiries, brief journalists and write and distribute press releases and media statements in line with relevant media protocols
- Explain the work of the Trust to a range of audiences by providing accurate, high quality, timely information via a range of media .
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders including staff, patients and the public with particular emphasis on media, MPs, Councillors, partner organisations.
- To assist in monitoring the impact of PR and communication activities within the Trust in raising the Trust’s profile and ensuring effective communication channels internally and externally.
- To co-ordinate the content of relevant sections of the internet and intranet sites in conjunction with the Senior Communications Manager and web editor.
- To produce copy for and assist in the production of external and internal publications and information including liaison with external design agencies to develop marketing communications. Ensure feedback processes are in place.
- To liaise with Local Resilience Forums and emergency planning colleagues to carry out warning and informing duties of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
- To produce stakeholder communication materials in conjunction with communications colleagues
- To undertake regular reviews of Trust literature and information to ensure it reflects the needs of our users and the Trust’s corporate image.
- To advise and support Communications Assistants in delivery of their work