External Affairs Manager
Our client, one of the UK’s most powerful and influential consumer bodies, is looking to recruit an External Affairs Manager. The company are in a rapid period of growth and are in the process of expanding their product range. The External Affairs Manager will play a key role in identifying, developing and managing relationships with commercial businesses, which include small to medium sized companies through to some of the UK’s largest organisations, in order to enhance and expand the range. You will use your strategic corporate relations experience to work with the commercial teams in the development and delivery of new commercial partnerships and initiatives. You will have skills in crisis management and brand reputation management and, working closely with media relations, in-house legal, and the product and campaigning areas, will manage and develop the Reputational Risk Strategy. The External Affairs Manager will have line management responsibility for the External Affairs Officer.
To qualify for the External Affairs Manager role you will have:
- Experience of cultivating relationships with external stakeholders and/or members of the corporate sector.
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences to a very high standard, including written and verbal communication.
- Experience of developing a sound understanding of complex research and/or campaigning issues, and identifying possible points of contention or conflict with the key stakeholders.
- Experience of developing communications strategies and deploying a range of techniques to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience of corporate reputation and brand management during a crisis.
To apply or to find out more about this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV asap quoting reference EAM/HP.
About Ellwood Atfield
We recruit the people who talk for you. The people responsible for delivering your organisation's communications, reputation, change and influence.