This job has now expired
You will ensure that the company is well positioned within the regulatory and policy community of Brussels to influence developments. You will lead their engagement with stakeholders in Brussels and formulate the company’s policies, manage its influencing work and identify business opportunities and threats within the EU.
As such you will be responsible for analysing impending legislation and policy developments at the EU level, advise the business units on potential implications, grow their strategic lobbying objectives and lead on appropriate lobbying activity across all key external audiences.
You will demonstrate have:
• A strong understanding about how the EU institutional and legislative system in Brussels functions.
• Natural ability to build relationships, demonstrated through previous building and implementation of effective engagement strategies.
• The ability to interpret and develop evidence-based arguments to shape public and internal policy.
• An ability to think strategically and relate a number of potentially complicated issues.
• Horizon scanner skills and enjoy identifying trends, threats and opportunities for the company.
• The ability to analyse problems and make decisions.
• A history of analysing policy and its impact on the on the core business of an organisation.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Experience of influencing European Commission, European Parliament and relevant UK Government departments.
• Experience of influencing at a senior level internally and externally.
• Experience of engaging and advising senior management on complex issues.
To apply or to find out more about this opportunity please email email@example.com quoting reference HEUA/NB. Please apply by 26 September if you would be interested in progressing.