Purpose of the role
Bringing diamond expert, founder & CEO Vashi Dominguez to the forefront of the brand in September, the recent re-launch of Vashi.com requires an innovative and entrepreneurial PR manager to work alongside a busy marketing team & Vashi himself to lead and integrate key relations and advertising activity within the business.
We know we can do so much more …but we need you to spread the word.
This role is absolutely crucial to the success of our entrepreneurial organisation. An exciting time to join, it requires a specialist & dedicated PR professional to bring a wrath of experience and contacts to the table to help us build the brand according to our objective: To save a nation of hapless proposing men millions of pounds over the next 5 years (UK & Europe) when buying the highest quality diamonds for engagement rings at an unbeatable price online, backed up with ever expanding gifting & wedding jewellery collections and award-winning customer service.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing and working alongside the Head of Partnerships, it’s open to anyone who can prove they have the skills, knowledge and sound judgement to make media noise about our company’s objectives to the right people, at the right time, in the right way.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Manage all day-to-day press & journalist requests & any external PR projects
- Define press release schedule & draft all materials required
- Maintain contact database to maximise opportunities
- Seek out and follow relevant bloggers and increase the number of back links coming to our site
- Drive guest blogging strategy for both Vashi.com blog & other blogs
- Maintain & Manage Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & Tumblr
- A Sherlock Holmes / Miss. Marple approach to gaining new contacts
- Maintain & manage our press archive, awards, Vashi’s wikipedia and PR related copy on-site
- A real interest in the publishing industry, across print & online mediums
- Maintain and drive innovation into our image library for press & partnerships
- Co-ordination and direction of press/media type photoshoots wherever required (sometimes we have to take the photos ourselves, so a keen interest in photography would be ideal)
Specialist skills, technical knowledge & aptitude
- The ability to build relationships at all professional levels, wherever you are.
- A genuine love of copy-writing and reading.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative by nature.
- Passionate about e-commerce and the mission we strive for.
- Proactive, self-starter who has the confidence to make decisions and act on them.
- Ability to use data to influence their decisions and the wider team.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Can demonstrate their material impact to revenues of previous projects.
- The successful candidate could be from in-house or agency background but they must have relevant experience looking after ecommerce and/or retail accounts.
Cultural fit & personality
- We are a results driven team with a strong team spirit. We’re after someone with a can-do attitude and willingness to muck-in to get the job done.
- Try to always be inspirational to others, especially when we have new members of the team to nurture and guide.
- Customer focused with an eye for detail.
- Commercially savvy.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done.
- Positive attitude whatever is thrown at us - we work too hard not to have fun.
Please note - This role will be centrally located in our London HQ
Up for the challenge? Please email email@example.com to find out more.