This job has now expired
Think innovation. Think Sky, a FTSE TOP 30 and the UK’s favourite triple play provider– TV, broadband and telephony. Now in over 10 million households we entertain, excite and inspire customers with the combination of great content and great innovation. This is the driving force behind our growth as we strive to be the UK’s no. 1 choice in entertainment and communications.
The Consumer PR team is structured to support two key areas of Sky’s business:
- Promoting and protecting Sky’s reputation for offering innovative, high quality and value-for-money products and services for existing and new customers, in the consumer press, and driving brand favourability via positive PR activity
- Raising the profile of and engagement with Sky’s CSR strategies to consumers via mainstream consumer media contacts
We are looking for an exceptionally creative, ambitious and experienced consumer PR professional (equivalent agency level to Account Director or a Senior Account Manager close to promotion) to oversee the development and execution of PR programmes for Product and Brand PR.
- Planning and executing fully integrated consumer-facing PR campaigns supporting the products and services that Sky offers. Includes PR activity to support major business priorities including Sky+/Sky’s connected box strategy, the evolution of Sky’s movie rental service Sky Store, Broadband and Talk, and Sky’s pricing.
- Close management of and collaboration with a complex range of internal stakeholders to develop PR campaigns that add value to key marketing priorities.
- Staying abreast of competitor activity and working closely with Sky’s Market Intelligence team to ensure the PR team has the most up-to-the minute media materials ready for use.
- Close proactive and reactive engagement with a range of media audiences to identify opportunities for Sky to be presented positively.
- Ensure PR campaigns have clear measures of success that are evaluated, analysed and used to adapt future plans.
- Managing agency partners to deliver successful campaigns for the business.
The successful candidate must have consumer-focused PR experience, either from agency or in-house. You will need a track record in high-impact consumer-facing PR campaigns for a range of consumer products and services, ideally big commercial brands. You must have a passion for the media and how it operates, with solid contacts and experience of both proactive and reactive media relations. A switched on aptitude, full of fantastic ideas that will continue to keep Sky at the forefront of the market with a confidence and real appetite to embrace a large, demanding and fast-paced corporate culture will be integral. We are looking for an individual with first class writing and presentation skills with strong financial/budget management expertise. You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and effectively manage multiple internal and external stakeholders who may have competing priorities, and be able to lead, balance and prioritise multiple projects and activities.
On top of great training and development opportunities, Sky offer discounted subscription TV, Broadband and Talk services, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlements, enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits, contribution pension scheme, a share-save scheme, plus Sky Choices, a benefit scheme to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings.
To find out more about this role and to apply please go to https://bskyb.taleo.net/careersection/corporate/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=14962
It’s our people that make Sky the UK and Ireland’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.