PR Manager at Brandwave Marketing
Brandwave is an award winning, full-service marketing agency, specialising in the sports market. Delivering on a global scale with some of the most successful brands in the industry, our work is driven by our genuine passion for sport and the outdoors.
Our vast in-house expertise means that we can offer a full creative and strategic service to all the brands we work with. Inspired by our shared interests, we work closely with these brands to create effective and unforgettable campaigns, which can be seen all over the globe.
Job Description for PR Manager at Brandwave Marketing Ltd.
As part of our continued expansion we are looking to appoint a full time PR manager to establish a new business division. Candidates must be highly motivated, self-starters with at least 3 years agency experience as well as account management, staff management, media relations, strategic capabilities, writing, strong press contacts, new business and client liaison skills.
The PR Manager role is full time and will include working closely with the MD of Brandwave Marketing, as well as managing employees and freelancers for the agency and PR clients on day-to-day delivery.
Overall Purpose of Role (how the role adds value to the business):
Managing a new business division, the ideal candidate would be able to give a strong contribution to key business objectives through consumer, corporate and business-to-business PR campaigns and support to MD on account management of clients.
Brandwave Marketing Ltd. is looking to expand its business through a new service and bring in more clients, whilst maintaining its personal approach to delivery and this new appointment is seen as pivotal for making this happen.
Core Responsibilities: key regular activities of the job
Use your understanding and experience in consumer PR to plan & implement impactful PR campaigns.
Use your corporate/B2B PR experience to help plan & implement impactful business-to- business media PR campaigns
Develop lead PR strategies from formulation through to execution aligning them with the client’s key business objectives.
Utilise broad knowledge of the media; their requirements to ensure smooth day-to-day running of Brandwave’s press office.
Creativity and Publicity
Combine creativity with knowledge of the media; your media contacts to recognise media angles & generate positive news coverage, profile pieces; features across a broad media spectrum.
Effectively manage people in the organisation to hit; exceed targets.
Ability to write ‘journalist quality’ press releases. Assist in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns.
Experience, Qualifications and Personal Characteristics required:
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated and a self-starter. They will need to take ownership of their role and will feel excited about taking a management position in a marketing and PR company:
• At least 3 years PR agency experience
• Record of high academic achievement with good degree and A level results, particularly English and/or Business
• Core consumer brand PR background with some knowledge of corporate PR and crisis management
• Experience of running a reactive and pro-active press office and handling incoming press enquiries
• Excellent publicity skills – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story
• Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
• A wide network of national consumer and business as well as regional contacts across a broad spectrum of media
• Experience in delivering impactful PR campaigns from inception through to delivery with a strong cuttings folder to prove it!
• Ability to build relationships internally and externally, interfacing at all levels
• Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Team player who works well under pressure
Applicants should contact Daniel Macaulay, with a covering letter, CV and salary expectations by clicking APPLY NOW