PR / Press and Communications Officer
A PR / Press and Communications Officer is sought to join this high profile registered Charity in Colchester, Essex. The organisation provides direct, practical support to wounded, injured and sick Service personnel, veterans and their families. They do this through grants to individuals and other Service charities, capital build projects and support at their four Recovery Centres cross the UK.
TITLE: PR / Press and Communications Officer
LOCATION: Colchester, Essex
SALARY: £24,000 - £30,000
BENEFITS: Staff Discount on Merchandise, Healthcare, Pension, Life Assurance, Enhanced Holiday Entitlement, Free Parking
The ideal PR / Press and Communications Officer will possess:
- 2-3 years’ experience working on high profile media campaigns and dealing with national/regional press
- The ability to deliver multiple projects to strict deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and great organisational skills
- Charity or not-for-profit sector experience (highly desirable but not essential)
- Experience of social and digital media is desirable
- Must live or be able to relocate to Colchester
To succeed in this role as a PR / Press and Communications Officer you will be expected to:
- Deliver the charity and Recovery Centres media plans in an effective manner
- Be responsible for identifying, developing and exploiting corporate relationships and recognise opportunities to raise the public profile and reputation of the charity
- Responsible for driving media coverage to ensure key messages of the charity are communicated effectively and consistently
- Develop relationships with key local and regional journalists to gain media exposure across all channels
- Develop a database of relevant images, video and media collateral for use by the charity
As a PR / Press and Communications Officer you will be joining an established Charity offering you an opportunity to get involved and “do your bit”. They offer an excellent working environment with a relaxed dress code and free parking.
Please click to apply now for this role as a PR / Press and Communications Officer in Colchester, Essex!
If the details shown on your CV match our client's requirements, we will provide our client with your full details so that they can judge whether you may be suitable for the opportunity advertised. Your details, as submitted by you, will only be used in relation to this specific opportunity. By applying to this advert and submitting your CV and/or cover letter to us, you give express consent to us using your details for this purpose.
eRecruit Solutions is a flat fee online recruitment company that actively recruit for the following roles: PR Officer, Public Relations Officer, Press & Media Assistant, Communications Officer, Marketing Manager in Colchester, Essex.