Senor Medical Writer
BioScience Communications is the specialist global medical communications division of Edelman, founded in 1995, with its main international hubs in London and New York. It is a full service global medical education agency providing clients with high-level strategic and scientific counsel and communications and publications planning and execution. The BioScience team works across the spectrum of drug development from prelaunch products, all the way through to post launch and phase IV products.
Edelman is the largest independent Public Relations Company in the world. Since its establishment in 1952, the company has developed to become truly international, operating in 67 offices around the world.
This is an opportunity to join the growing BioScience team as a Senior Medical Writer. The Senior Medical Writer will lead mid-sized editorial accounts and/or multiple small-size accounts, acting as key contact for editorial programmes and projects. This role will have responsibility for mentoring junior medical writers/editorial assistants and reviewing documentation that they produce.
What We Offer
At BioScience Communications, we promote a strong work life balance, and offer a variety of projects and accounts for all our medical writers. Such is the diversity of the programmes the successful applicant will work and partner with other teams within the Edelman family, including our strong digital, health, corporate and public affairs teams. We also offer a strong, unique training programme that other medical education companies do not offer; we really do develop our medical writers professionally and personally.
Within the BioScience Communications team itself, we offer a uniquely integrated environment in which editorial and project management personnel work closely together from initiation to completion of projects. The team environment is positive, energetic, and welcoming where staff are valued and helped to grow and progress their career. Evidence of this comes from the long-standing nature of the current team members and the low turnover of staff. BioScience Communications is able to offer all its team members the benefits of a boutique environment within the wider supportive nature of a large corporate organisation.
- Lead mid-sized, established long term Edelman client accounts with minimal supervision from the senior editorial team
- With the editorial team, develop strategy and overall vision for number of editorial programmes and projects
- Production of editorial materials and scientific communication projects including journal manuscripts, slide kits, abstracts, posters, monographs
- Development of agency and client-generated documents that meet client needs/expectations
- Identification and management of issues that could damage client relationships or affect outcome of projects and develop and implement solutions to overcome problems
- Consistent application of industry regulations and guidelines; being an advocate for good publications practice
- Identify scientific and marketing environments of various therapeutic areas.
If you have established knowledge across multiple therapy and medical education areas, strong Experience of managing junior Medical Writers, and reviewing their documentation and demonstrated experience in producing editorial materials and scientific communication projects including journal manuscripts, slide kits, abstracts, poster and monographs, this could be the perfect role for you.