This job has now expired
Slimming World is the UK’s leading weight management organisation, helping more than a million people each year to lose weight and lead happier, healthier lives.
With over 44 years’ experience and a membership base which has grown by more than 70% over the past four years, Slimming World has ambitious plans to continue its growth and remain at the forefront of weight management, both within our local groups and online.
We’re looking for a team player with initiative and creativity to join our expanding and successful PR team – we’ve just been shortlisted for PRCA In-House Team of the year. You’ll work mainly on our consumer PR campaigns and help increase awareness of Slimming World through national news and consumer media.
Our successful applicant will:
- Get involved with campaigns to build recognition of Slimming World’s unique methods
- Build great relationships with a wide range of media in print, broadcast and online.
- Work hard to maintain our reputation as an organisation that cares passionately about people’s health and happiness.
- Relish the challenge of achieving goals and managing a diverse workload.
- Communicate warmly and confidently with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Thrive on creative problem-solving.
As an excellent writer and communicator you’ll already have a proven track record in PR, good media contacts and an understanding of social media. Ideally you’ll have a PR qualification and professional membership of an association such as PRCA or CIPR.
Enthusiasm, friendliness, a great sense of humour and a sharp eye for a story are key characteristics for this role. You should ideally have an awareness of the work we do to touch hearts and change lives, with a desire to help us support many more people to achieve their weight loss goals.
If you feel you have the qualities we’re looking for and would like to make a real and lasting difference, please send your full CV and covering letter to the Human Resources Department or email us at: email@example.com, telling us why you’d like to be considered for the role and what contributions you believe you’ll bring.