Head of Internal Communications
Our high profile global blue chip client is looking to appoint a Head of Internal Communications. They are looking for someone who will:
- Support the Director of Internal Communications to lead the employee engagement programme (from senior leadership teams to frontline employees) across the division to build understanding and commitment to future ambitions at all levels of the organisation and working with the functions to develop local plans
- Optimise the UK internal communication strategy, using multiple online and offline channels to ensure the forward looking story is widely heard and understood
- Oversee the delivery of the annual and midyear conferences, leadership days, air and share meetings, conference calls and other communication and engagement forums as required by the business
- Work in collaboration with Corporate Affairs and Marketing to provide a joined-up approach and alignment between external (customer) communications and internal communications
- Lead measurement and review of the effectiveness of internal communications and employee engagement activities
- Build capability in communications across the Internal Communications team, defining and implementing an Internal Communications competencies, evaluation and development framework
- Identify and leverage best practice in other companies and industries for the organisation
- Ensure excellent execution across all channels including print, non-print and events
- Own one or more strategic communications campaigns
- Seasoned experienced practitioner with a proven track record of leading internal communications and employee engagement strategies within a sizeable global blue chip organisation at a senior and executive level.
- Proven broad and deep experience across multiple online and offline channels of internal communication and engagement, including the design and implementation of intranets and other technology platforms, surveys, etc
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to influence very senior internal and external stakeholders (up to CEO level)
- Strong personal facilitation and presentation skills, skilled at engaging with sizeable audiences at all levels of seniority. Has the gravitas and credibility to act as host and compere for very senior business events.
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to the IC team on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CJP1310-110
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Have you thought about a career in recruitment? Why not work for us? http://vmagroup.com/workforus/
About VMA Group
Since its inception as Vicky Mann Associates in 1978, VMA Group has grown to be the leading global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications