Press Officer - Media hound for corporate communications
Working in a close knit team this Press Officer role will take on responsibility for key trade media relations programmes. You will be identifying stories and then drafting a host of media materials to help raise the brand and profile of this already well known and hugely respected brand. You will forge strong relationships with the national personal finance and trade media and be responsible for plenty of journalist entertainment to cement these further.
This company is one of the top financial services businesses in the UK and is hugely respected for their ethical and responsible outlook to consumers and businesses. They have major offices around the UK and this role will be split between their City office and their office in South London so you’ll get the chance to work with a range of people. The team of five PR professionals are hugely respected in their field and regularly win awards from journalists for being the top in-house communications team.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Corporate Press Officer role:
- You will be responsible for drafting a raft of communications materials. This could include press releases, articles, speeches, briefing statements, award entries and communications plans.
- A key part of this role is liaising directly with the key target national and trade press. You will be speaking to them daily and be happy to elevate your relationships through media entertainment
- Working with the consumer PR agency to develop integrated communications strategies
- Providing media monitoring and generally keeping abreast of relevant topics within the media and devising proactive opportunities from them
- Working with senior stakeholders internally and briefing them for journalist meetings and spokesperson opportunities.
Key attributes and experience for this Corporate Press Officer role:
- Strong experience working in corporate communications either in a top PR agency or in-house team
- Experience and knowledge of the financial services industry, ideally with knowledge of pensions, insurance and investments.
- You will already have strong journalist contacts and be super confident picking up the phone to make new ones
- You must be able to provide fantastic examples of your written work, demonstrating exceptional attention to detail
- This team is a lively bunch so you’ll need to be out-going, fun and happy to have a laugh
To be considered for this Corporate Press Officer role please click to apply