This job has now expired
Applications are invited for this role which will assist the PR Manager to promote WJEC’s educational and cultural services in England and Wales, enhancing WJEC’s reputation through a range of PR and Communications activities.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the delivery of WJEC’s corporate communications strategy.
- Draft press releases, statements and other written materials where appropriate and with guidance.
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts and stakeholders to assist with the work of managing WJEC’s reputation.
- Prepare interesting and lively copy for WJEC publications to be used in print and online.
- Undertake media monitoring – broadcast, print and online – to help assess the coverage of WJEC, and compile regular evaluation reports.
- Supervise the news section on the website, working with the Web Editor to ensure all content is relevant and up-to date.
- Provide support with Social Media activities as and when required.
- Work with other colleagues in the Marketing and Communications department to enhance and contribute to WJEC’s social media presence.
- Maintain contacts lists so the PR team has up-to-date access to media and stakeholder contacts.
- Assist with and attend events and conferences as and when required.
- Work with the Marketing Assistant to gather and collate material in advance of events and provide support for ad hoc activities during events.
- Take minutes of meetings and produce draft versions for approval.
- Respond to enquiries to the Marketing and Communications department by telephone, email, fax and in person from media, stakeholders and general public. This will involve an understanding of WJEC’s structure, interests and activities.
- Assist with finance related tasks including raising purchase orders and ensuring invoices are paid.
- Assist with internal communications at WJEC, including updating the staff directory, prepare copy for WJEC’s intranet and draft communications emails to all staff.
- Deputise for the PR Manager when they are out of the office / on annual leave.
How to apply
You are required to submit an additional application form when applying for this job. Please download the form below (or from the top of the page) and complete it before applying for this job.
Have the completed form ready on your computer to attach to your application. Click 'Apply now' and that's it.